Many businesses call on us to assist them in their accounting and record-keeping, and in the preparation of financial statements. This is often a more practical and cost-effective solution than hiring and retaining employees with the degree of technical training, skills, and experience that our firms can provide. In some cases, such as payroll preparation, an owner manager may choose to use us, as an external party, due to the confidential or sensitive nature of the information.
Typical accounting services that we offer to our clients may include:
- Preparation of financial statements (compilation engagements)
- Preparation of financial projections
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Bookkeeping
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) Return Preparation
- Workers' Compensation Return Preparation
Several AC Group member firms offer even more services, including:
- Complete Payroll services including: preparation of payrolls and payroll cheques, T4 and T5 Summary and Supplementary preparation, and Employee Deduction Remittances
- Interim staffing and controllership services to fill vacant positions, family leave, etc.
- Support for numerous accounting software programs including: AccPac, Simply Accounting, Quickbooks and Business Vision (two of the firms are licensed representatives for their region).
Our objective is client service. Accordingly, if an AC Group member firm does not offer a particular service, it will assist clients by referring them to another AC Group member firm or another source for such services.
"I was in the banking business for 20 years and worked with accounting firms of all types and sizes. When I made a career change 10 years ago one decision that was very easy to make was to use a local CA firm. I had seen first hand the importance of receiving personal, uninterrupted accounting and financial advice."
Jean Jacques Normand
President, Plaza Chevrolet
Pontiac Buick GMC
"We appreciate the level of service and attention a local firm provides, and the knowledge that as we grow, they have the backing of the AC Group association to grow with us."
Peter MacWilliam CA
VP Finance, Brunswick Valley Lumber Inc.
“Independent Insurance Brokers understand the value of supporting the community where we make our living. So our Company made a decision to contract out services to "local" rather than "out of town" suppliers, provided that the quality, dependability and value aspects were at acceptable levels. McIsaac Darragh Chartered Accountants were one of the first firms contacted in this regard and since 1989 have provided tax and accounting services that matched and bettered the above criteria. As a company we are very happy to be in partnership with a local firm who can be contacted quickly if the need should arise and will respond rapidly and in a totally professional manner to give correct advice at the right time. McIsaac - Darragh have grown with us and share in our success.”
President, Archway Insurance